VOTE FOR TAWNEY WARREN BY NOV 6TH!!!

Join our movement now!

Help us campaign today for a brighter future for Ohlone Community College!

PROVEN LEADERSHIP ON THE OHLONE COLLEGE BOARD

IT WILL TAKE STRONG LEADERSHIP TO NAVIGATE OHLONE COLLEGE THROUGH THE EXPECTED CUTS!

VOTE TAWNEY WARREN BY NOV 6TH!!!

#ALLOFUSTOGETHER

WHY VOTE FOR TAWNEY WARREN?

SERVED 15,000 STUDENTS ON THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES

 Tawney Warren was elected by the students of Ohlone College and served on the Ohlone College Board of Trustees to represent the interests' of the 15,000 students of the college.   Tawney is now seeking your vote to continue her work serving the Ohlone College students, faculty, staff, & the Fremont community.

+

As the only candidate with experience on the board, Tawney will quickly be able to get up to speed on the current issues Ohlone College is facing, such as the funding formula change.

UNITED BY A COMMON GOAL

 Tawney Warren is a proud Alum who earned three AA degrees in 2013, then transferred to UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business where she earned her B.S. in Business Administration in 2015.  She is currently a High School Special Education Educator for Fremont Unified School District.

  • Tawney spearheaded a statewide campaign through the 112 community colleges' 3.4 million students to help pass Governor Brown's Educational Prop 30 which passed successfully with a large youth vote
  • Tawney served on the Ohlone College Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee for two bonds totalling over $499M.  
  • Tawney served on the Ohlone Foundation board which  awards over $100k in scholarships annually to students.  
  • Tawney served on the Step Up Committee focused on student well-being with a focus on suicide prevention.
  • Tawney received the Student of the Year Award for her work for the students of the college.

OHLONE IS FACING TOUGH CHALLENGES AHEAD

Ohlone College is facing a $5.4M budget cut with the Governor's new Funding Formula.  To face this challenge it will take strong leadership that has proven they can get in and get the job done!  

WE NEED TO PRESERVE OUR AFFORDABLE EDUCATION IN FREMONT!!

  • 87% of the college's budget is tied to salaries, benefits, and retirement.  That leaves 13% to cover all other operations. 
  • Expected budget cut will be approximately 11% of their budget.   
  • Tawney wants to seek strategic partnerships with industry leaders to design pathways to graduation and employment.  
  • Tawney wants to preserve jobs for faculty and staff.
  • Tawney wants to seek more support for students and the rising costs of education at the state level.

Get involved!